Your donation makes it possible for us to provide professional counselling services to those in Simcoe County who cannot afford to pay. No amount is too small.
We are deeply committed to promoting the well-being of our community’s children, individuals and families regardless of religious affiliation or ability to pay. We’re an agency that’s based on love, compassion, respect, hope and a belief that regardless of the difficulties that people are facing there are solutions.
Why we are unique
No admission criteria: We are the only family service agency in the county that does not have admission criteria related to a particular diagnosis. This is particularly important for clients who suffer from multiple diagnoses.
Walk-in counselling: Crisis doesn’t wait. Clients can get help right away. Without us, 24% of our clients had no where else to turn to. 31% would wait to get an appointment with their busy family doctors.
Affordable: Our rates are based on a sliding scale because the overwhelming majority of our clients cannot afford to pay for the full cost – on average they can pay only 7% of the cost of their counselling services. We rely on the generosity of donors and sponsors to meet the growing demand in our community.
See the difference your donation makes in Simcoe County
- $120 provides a counselling session for someone in your community that is asking for help
- $240 provides counselling sessions for a youth struggling with depression
- $360 provides counselling sessions for a woman who has anxiety that is affecting her ability to find employment
- $480 provides marriage counselling for a couple to prevent a divorce
You can help by making a donation today
- Over the phone using your credit card at (888) 726.2503
- Online byclicking here
- Mail at Catholic Family Services of Simcoe County, 20 Anne Street South, Barrie, ON, L4N 2C6
For information about our planned giving options click here. These options are great if you are looking to support our agency on a monthly basis or to give a gift in tribute of a loved one. A new Federal First-Time Donor Super Tax Credit is also available for eligible first-time donors!
CFSSC is a federally registered charitable organization: 10809 0341 RR0001. To view our Donor Bill of Rights click here.